The Identity Verification by Phone service allows you to perform real-time validation of an individual’s first name, last name, address, and other identity-related details by a provided phone number using a third-party database.
To enable this service, go to the Fraud and Anomaly > iClear > Lead Processing Rules section and select a Product from the drop-down list.
Once you select the Product, you’ll be automatically redirected to the Lead Processing Rules (iClear) sub-tab. You may also navigate here by selecting the System Management > Products section on the left-hand menu and clicking on the “Settings” button for the corresponding product (Lead Processing Rules (iClear) sub-tab).
To configure this service, click the “Add Service” button in the Global Rules block. Fill in the following fields:
- Select Third Party Service: Select the “Identity Verification by Phone” option.
- Select a field to retrieve the phone number: Select which field the system will retrieve the phone number from. Example: cellPhone.
- Execution Type:
- Select the "Synchronous" option to wait for the caller identity lookup outcome before processing a lead. This execution type is recommended for real-time filtration of a lead based on the lookup status. Before processing a lead, the system makes a request to the third-party database.
- Select the "Asynchronous" option to make a simultaneous request and process a lead without waiting for the lookup outcome. This execution type is recommended for analytical purposes and not for real-time lead filtration based on the lookup status. While processing a lead, the system makes a request to the third-party database.
- % of leads lookup: Set the percentage of leads to be checked through this service.
- Reject the lead if the phone number was last seen less than X days before: Fill in the maximum number of days the phone number was last seen to be rejected.
- Reject the lead if bankruptcy cases are found: Select “Yes” to reject the lead in case the bankruptcy cases are found in connection to this phone number.
- Lookup only in the local DB (Synchronous Execution only): Select “Yes” for the service to lookup only in the local database. Select “No” for the service to lookup both in the local database and API.
- If local lookup fails, perform an Asynchronous run (Synchronous Execution only): Select “Yes” to perform the Asynchronous run in case the local database lookup is unsuccessful. Select “No” to disable the lookup override.
- API Timeout (Synchronous Execution): Fill in the service response timeout (from one to five seconds). The field is active only if the “Lookup only in local DB” option is disabled.
- API Timeout (Asynchronous Execution): Fill in the service response timeout (from one to five seconds).
- After a timeout run as Asynchronous (Synchronous Execution only): Select “Yes” to perform the Asynchronous execution if the timeout runs out. Select “No” to disable the Asynchronous run override.
The “Additional Run Settings” configuration block allows you to configure more options to determine at which stage you would prefer to run the service.
- Service run time: Select whether you would prefer to run the service before or after the leads are filtered out (After filtration / Before filtration).
Note: Please be aware that selecting this option may impact your invoice. Once this option is selected and no campaigns remain for the service to run, there will be no charges incurred.
- Run service on (PingPost products only): Select one of the options to determine at which stage you would prefer to run the service for the Ping Post products (Ping / Post / Ping and Post).
- Run service on silent ping: Select “Yes” if you would like to run the service during the silent ping stage. Select “No” to exclude this option.
Click the “Add” button to confirm.
Read more about the Global Rules and Advanced Rules configuration in this Knowledge Base article.